So Mike is out of town this week and I decided to take it upon myself to paint our bedroom. When we bought the house, I wanted to paint every room. Needless to say, I didn’t get quite that far (I did however paint all the trim in the whole house). By the time I got to our bedroom, I had no more inspiration. So, this week while Mike was gone sounded like the perfect time to start.
Last night I was able to tackle all the cutting in of the primer. We’re going from a medium tone brown to a light yellow. Our room has minimal light, so the lighter the color (I’m hoping) the better.
Here’s the before and after for today. Please excuse the mess!
Then after that was completed, I decided to make Spanish Rice and chicken. Yummie!! And after that I really had a craving for chocolate ice cream. We’ve been making our own ice cream lately (THANKS B/B AND KELLY) so I only had vanilla… but I remembered a favorite trick of mine. Put one scoop of hot chocolate mix in your ice cream!! and BAM! Chocolate ice cream!! (please stir before consumption).
Truly a delight!
Looking good! We could use your awesome painting skills up here some time, but with the amount of painting I'd like to tackle, you'd be all painted out again!
ReplyDeleteanytime you need the help! more hands, less work
ReplyDeleteI'm jealous, there are so many painting projects that I'd like to tacklee but I can't seem to get to them with two little ones constantly at my feet. Good for you for jumping in while Mike's gone. I hope you love the results!
ReplyDeleteI hope you are able to have a little peace in order to do some of the projects before that table of yours has to seat 5 =) and thanks for your encouragement. I'll post about the results as soon as I'm finished!
ReplyDelete