Thursday, September 8, 2011

pure michigan

That’s what all the commercials say and that’s what we got this past weekend when we went up to spend some time with hub’s family.  Let’s just say they showed us a good time.

Friday, we got in just after lunch and enjoyed an afternoon on the sailboat with Grandma and Grandpa.  We took the boat out into the “big lake” as they call it (Lake Michigan) and … no wind.  There were some good waves though, so we just tooled around for a little.  We headed back into the inlet and motored around for a bit looking at all the HUGE lake houses.  And we took a few pictures.  We did see the two DeVoss racing sailboats that were competing against Canada in a tournament that weekend.  Pretty awesome and um… wicked fast!

You can look at the whole album here.

Saturday, we did a little more shopping, hung out at the pool, went to an apple orchard to take some more pictures (esp of Adam and Kelly who recently got engaged) and made Mondu.  Mondu is sort of like a Korean egg roll.  You take wonton wrappers and fill them with a mixture of ground beef, cabbage, onions, carrots, ginger, spices, peppers and all things Asain.  Then fry them and WOW!  Mickey said it best, “I think I ate more before dinner than actually at dinner.” =) Too bad I didn’t take any pictures of this process.  We all sit at the table and fill the wrappers with the goodness mixture and then someone fries them all outside.  It’s kinda messy but totally worth it.

Again, all the pictures are here.

Sunday, we went to church and then went to a few different places Kelly and Mom wanted to look at for potential “before wedding” pictures.  They were really nice! We relaxed that evening watching a movie and just enjoyed all the time we were able to spend together.

Same thing applies here.

I was playing a lot with the aperture setting on the camera, so if some of the pictures are a little goofy, I’m still learning.  I realized on the way home that one of my settings was way off which made some of them a little grainy!  oops.  I think over all they turned out nicely.  I really wanted a few new pictures of Mike and me (and of course Avi had to be in a few as well).  After being married for a little, we forget to take pictures of ourselves.   So, I’m very glad we got the opportunity to do that. 

Hope yall had a great weekend too, especially our friends in knoxvegas on BOOMS DAY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment