So I thought I was totally behind the times when over Christmas break Becca G. informed me that she received her pearl earings as her "pushing prize." "Pushing prize...?" I responded. Wrong thing to say, because I was quickly informed that yes... every pregnant woman gets a pushing prize. "Do you get a prize for every push?" I asked... (why did I keep asking questions?) I was informed that no, you only receive one pushing prize. So then I was confused. "What about all the other pushes that a women does to get that baby out?!" I thought. Well someone must have known what I was thinking because I was informed that the prize is just an end goal to look forward to. My face must have said it all... "don't you get a baby at the end?" (again... why was I still asking questions?!?!) I guess.. (as was further explained) that its just something nice that the mom gets.
So yesterday I was talking to my friend Melissa, who has about 10 weeks left to go, and asked what she was getting as her pushing prize. She gave me the same look that I gave the girls in MI... "what in the world is that?" haha so I have to explain the whole thing to her and how there is only one prize no matter how many pushes you do and no it doesn't matter that you get a baby in the end anyways....
All I can figure is some northern ladies got really smart and started demanding a real present when they are expecting a baby since the baby gets all the cool new toys and new clothes and the mom has gotten a pump (oh boy!). Anyways and for some reason the are hiding this secret from southern ladies who would jumped on this bandwagon like butter on a roll and done it better and more extravagent (and of course with more butter!).
=)
hehe we michigan gals are smart :]
ReplyDeletegreat wisdom from the north...
ReplyDeleteI laughed all the way through reading this. This is one thing we girls got right. If you deserve a prize for anything it's labor! Ladies, make sure to warn your husbands well in advance.
ReplyDelete