So a good friend of mine is getting married and we are planning a shower for her. She loves cheesecake so my job was to make the mini cheesecakes. I HAD to try to make them before I took them to the shower incase they didn’t turn out… I know… I was being sacrificial for a friend!
Good thing I tried them… b/c I put them in paper mini cupcake wrapper things and the paper gets a little buttery and it doesn’t look super appetizing, so I’ll have to get the aluminum foil kind. But the filling turned out amazing!
Below is the recipe I used (I used a 1/2 batch and it made almost 40 mini cheesecakes). I baked the crust just a little and then while its cooling, I made the filling. I put the filling in a Ziplock and cut the corner (it will be runny so be careful) and piped it into each little cup. I baked them at about 350 for maybe 15 minutes or until just before they cracked. Then pull them out and let them cool and then refrigerate to finalize the cooling. ENJOY!
When I make them for the shower, I’ll put a little raspberry topping one some and others will have a little chocolate drizzle =) Can’t wait!! They look something like this:
New York Style Cheesecake
Ingredients:
| 15 graham crackers, crushed 2 tablespoons butter, melted | (all ingredients MUST BE at room temperature) 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese 1 1/2 cups white sugar 3/4 cup milk 4 eggs 1 cup sour cream 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (use less) Dash of lemon juice |
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch springform pan. Wrap with aluminum foil (about 3 layers) to protect crust from the water bath.
2. In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press onto bottom of springform pan. Bake for a few minutes until just before it starts to brown. Let cool completely.
3. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend in milk, and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate. Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off, and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours; this prevents cracking. Chill in refrigerator until serving.
5. Before serving run a knife around the outside of the cake to allow it to pull away from the sides cleanly.

yum!
ReplyDelete