So a group of ladies and I are just wrapping up a study facilitated by this book: Satisfy My Thirsty Soul. It is an awesome book on truly understanding how we worship with our lives. Then it goes into more details on how it looks to worship in our life, words, attitude, work, times of waiting, pain and even will. It has truly been eye opening and inspiring and just deep into what it really looks like to worship God with your whole being, in the good times as well as the bad times. It’s fairly simple reading yet the topics are deep. I encourage each of you if you are looking for a new study to pick this one up and give it a go. It was awesome! I’m thinking about reading another one of her books called Intimate Issues and Intimacy Ignited, both highly recommended by our small group leader.
The latest gleaning from this book has been: “I bow my will.” In reading the story of Abraham and Isaac on the alter God tells Abraham to TAKE his son, GO to Mt. Moriah, the place where the Lord will eventually provide, and OFFER up his son. I got to thinking… what does that look like for me. What do I need to sacrifice on the alter. I need to be able to say:
I take __________ in my life that I’m holding back or I’m holding onto this situation or person and I place them before you Lord on the alter. I do not want to hold onto __________ anymore. I offer my ______________ to you.
I believe that Abraham knew that the will of God would never take him where the grace of God would not protect him. What a testimony to say: “either God is strong enough to heal/fix/take care of ______ in my life or he’s strong enough to heal me through the heartache.”
good suggestion, I might just have to check that out! coming soon right? see you then! :)
ReplyDelete