Wednesday, March 16, 2011

as promised

Yes, I only took three pictures.

You can see the new pine straw and newspaper idea around the boxes as well as the wood rick we built earlier this year to hold wood for our wood stove.  Mike has worked many long hours filling it up with wood for next year.  He just purchased a new axe which is making his life way easier.  Even I can split wood with the new axe =) and a little coaching from a professional.

11-03-13 Concert and Garden 01611-03-13 Concert and Garden 019

11-03-13 Concert and Garden 01811-03-13 Concert and Garden 01111-03-13 Concert and Garden 02411-03-13 Concert and Garden 023

 

 

 

Here is some of the new growth in our yard.  We didn’t get any berries last year (more than 3 and they never made it to the house) but the second year of growth is supposed to be the most productive.  We have huge vines of blackberry, raspberry (yellow, red, and crimson) and even blueberries from last year that are all budding.  The berries all shot out new plants as well so we’re going to have lots of bushes in no time at all.  I can’t wait.  We even planted some new strawberry plants we purchased this year in hopes of expanding our strawberry patch. 

I did not make it to the front of the house with the camera to document the tulips and gladiolas that are growing. Nor did I document the “hair plugs” that are growing in our lawn =)  But spring is here! 

Have a fantastic day!

1 comment:

  1. I will not be jealous that you already have weather that encourages growth. I will not be jealous that you already have weather that encourages growth. I will not be jealous...

    ReplyDelete