1. Hannah Joy Griz made a special appearance into this world yesterday! Congratulations Derek and Jess!
2. We have a new roof!! The crew arrived at 6:15 or so on Friday to start reroofing out house! They did an awesome job and finished by 7:00 or so that night. We were able to “test it out” this weekend with the severe storms we had and its working great!
3. We purchased a computer last night! BBR (the homestead) has had a fighting battle for the last few weeks between our two computers. We are running a different operating system on the little one now and its been working well… until we came home from work the other day to find a lovely message on the screen of the big laptop that said:
Operating System not found
… Yeah… so after many hours of the Hubs working on restoring it (which he did successfully twice!), we decided for our marriage sake that buying a new one would be our best choice! So it will be making its debut in the not so distant future.
4. Our windows and siding should be going in next week! So excited to be this close to having a repaired house. And we’ll have a sliding back door! yessssssssssssss
5. Our Triathlon training is going well. We are enrolled in this Olympic Distance Training Class that meets twice a week to train. I’m a bit nervous, but with 12 weeks of direction and guidance, completion should (hopefully) not be an issue. I hope to even be able to set a time goal for myself =). The Tri we’re training for is called Storm the Form and is 1.5 K Swim, 40K Bike and 10K Run (translation: 0.9 mi swim; 25 mi bike; 6.2 mi run). I’m still working up to the run distance.
6. Again, the hubs to the rescue! We have a new sink sprayer! I was dutifully washing dishes the other night and the hose that comes out to the sink sprayer began squirting water all over me. I realized there was a crack in the hose. Only 2 trips to Home Depot and about 1 hour of under the sink, around the pipes plumbing work (I guess it was leaking for longer than I knew), the hubs got the new sprayer up and running. I’m super impressed with his diverse skill set.
I’m sure there’s more to report, but I thought I would update you with what I had on the top of my mind right now. Hope yall are having a wonderful day.
PS: I thought of a No. 7. We have raspberries! Not a ton yet, as none have made it back up to the house from the garden, but enough to enjoy their yummyness!! May this lovely picture inspire you to happy summer eating.

Sounds like you two have been quite the busy bees! Hope you're staying cool down there, Mom said that you guys were pretty much melting. Love the raspberry picture, it truly is inspiring :)
ReplyDeleteIt has been wicked hot! We were able to get some rain the last few days which has helped for sure. We'll have ripe blackberries soon too!!!
ReplyDelete