Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First trip to Clarksville

So on the 13th, I made my first ever trip to visit Kristen in Clarksville (just north of Nashville on the boarder between TN and KY). It was a trip to help her settle into her house, to celebrate her birthday and all around just have a great time.10-08-14_Weekend_at_Kristens_008

The biggest project we tackled was taking care of Kayden… ok just kidding. Kristen was dog sitting and was in week 2 of 3 and was worn out with this 1 year old male dog named Kayden. So my job was to be her reinforcement. Here they all are together. He is a high energy, still being trained, bossy, barking dog. And while he is quite sweet, he’s a handful to take care of.

 

10-08-14_Weekend_at_Kristens_001

 

 

 

We also tackled the organization of their bedroom. Here’s the before:  

 

 

 

Here’s the after!! It went really well and didn’t take all that long. If I had the time I would go back next week and help her with the next room. I guess we’ll just have to plan a second trip!

Here was the schedule: 6 a.m. wake up due to the noisy dog, tackled the bedroom (or most of it) before 830 a.m., mowed the lawn (which is huge! and I have the blister to prove it), quick lunch and food prep for meeting later, completed the clothes organization, did some shopping for organizational baskets, went to an FRG meeting, movie, slept, another early morning, exercise video (thanks Jillian!!), hung new towel rods, visit to the Commissary, saw where Aaron worked, visited the College K is teaching at, church, lunch at outback, and headed home. lots of good conversations occurred in between.

I had a great time and can’t wait to go back again soon! Love you K =)

2 comments:

  1. Did you stop by the local GFS Marketplace?! :) see? we're everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope sorry we didn't make it there although i did see it for sure across from the target! I guess I'll have to go back.. haha I did comment to my sister that we should stop there and pick up some of those little cheesecake squares that they have and that are soooooo good!!

    ReplyDelete