Monday, August 30, 2010

seriously!

diet-coke

Just found this on a friend’s blog and what truth. when someone chooses Diet Coke or any diet soda over a regular soda, they are choosing to put chemicals in their body rather than a few additional calories.

I try to do my homework on things like this, but seriously people! what sense does that make? what if you just drank 1/2 a Regular Coke instead of the whole thing… you would get 1/2 the calories (clearly what you are trying to do) and less chemicals.

Just an example of some of the side effects of the nasty stuff in these products: I recently bought some pudding for my lunches. I decided to buy sugar-free because I really don’t notice the taste difference and thought, well its chocolate… right?! Well within a few days of regularly eating the sugar-free pudding, I realized my stomach was in all kinds of knots, my belly was bloated and I felt terrible… I hadn’t even looked on the label to see what made them “sugar free” so I stopped eating them and within a few days, right as rain! I was back to normal (I know you’re thinking… katie=normal… really?! ok so as normal as I can be!!).

Just a helpful hint. Research from Europe, that hasn’t quite made it to the states yet, says that Diet drinks accelerate aging as well as cause internal intestinal problems (depending on the person). There is also some research that indicates that forgetfulness can be associated with Diet Drink consumption.  Chicago Tribute says it this way: “Most diet sodas contain aspartame, which produced formaldehyde as you digest it.” yikes!

So just be careful what you’re putting in you body!

Here is an article for the curious:

CBS News

No comments:

Post a Comment