Monday, June 28, 2010

Homemade Pancakes

pancakesI don’t know about you, but we grew up making pancakes from the box that you added eggs, oil and milk. Now, you can hardly find one of those in the store… mostly the mixes are just “add water”. And they don’t taste quite as good.

Here’s a recipe (courtesy of my sister) for making pancakes at home. It’s simple. It’s ingredients you have in your house and (of course) it’s yummy! Enjoy

Ingredients

  • 1 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 Tbsp baking powder
  • 1 Tbsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 Tbsp oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Directions
  1. Mix together dry ingredients.
  2. Then add wet ingredients.
  3. Stir until blended but do not over stir. Allow mix to rest for 3-5 minutes.
  4. During resting time, allow pan to heat to medium. Melt a tbsp of butter on pan.
  5. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop out the mix onto the pan. Allow edges to bubble and pull away from pan. Flip. Cook another 2 minutes or until cooked through. Enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. You are the 2nd person in a week who just discovered homemade pancakes - I on the other hand grew up completely opposite. Pancakes were my dad's thing to make and always from scratch, maybe I should try the box kind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the box kind is still pretty good for sure =) enjoy the taste testing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was box for us growing up. I honestly didn't know until after I was married that you could make pancakes without the mix. I prefer to make them myself. Our favorite is buttermilk pancakes with blueberries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie, I tried your pancake recipe and they are really good. Next time I will do them in an 8x8 baking pan in the oven and then I won't have to work so hard. Ms. Pat

    ReplyDelete