Wednesday, May 25, 2011

how the undecided decide

Disclaimer: I promise we do not do these things on purpose just to have a “blog worthy story.”

RKPMDW432-1RKPMDW427Last night was our anniversary celebration, but we HAD TO mow the lawn.  Long story short, a neighbor kid offered to mow our lawn to raise money for his missions trip and we’ve tried to get him for 2-3 weeks to come out and haven’t had any success.  So each week we’ve had to quickly mow the lawn on a “not normal” day of the week.  This week was the same. We tried to get him out and ended up mowing last night.  While weed eating, the weed eater broke on me.. so the handy hubs pulled it apart and realized the belt that converted the power of the engine to the blade slipped off.  He was able to fix it but the belt was too loose to stay on any more.  So, the lawn has a few spots that look “unfinished” to say the least.

 

I cleaned up for our dinner out then ran out grocery shopping to grab a few things for dinner tonight and then Mike got ready and we finally headed to dinner at 8 or so!  It was a lovely evening at Olive Garden (where we actually had our first date).

Here’s where the story begins.

imageWe decided not only to replace our weed eater but also to look at getting some new outside chairs for our deck. We stopped by target because I had seen some chairs advertised for $25.  We really liked them and picked out 2 in the blue to take home.  (To Mike’s credit, we were walking up to the register to pay for them and he said… I don’t think these will fit in the car. and I with full confidence in my engineering husband told him of course they’ll fit!).  We paid for them and then took them out to the car.  Needless to say, they didn’t fit.  So at 10:00 pm, we walk back into Target with the chairs and ask if they can hold them until tomorrow so we can come back and pick them up with our truck.  They so graciously allowed us to!

We then head over to Wal-Mart to pick up a weed eater and started thinking about our chairs.  We realized that we would like to put them away in the winter time and if we had folding chairs, that would be way easier!  So … at 10:15, we head back over to Target and I so bravely walk back in with my receipt and ask if I can just “return the chairs” that I just purchased and haven’t even taken home yet… because we want folding ones.  The lady so kindly allowed us to without any questions and we drove home, chairless.

image

 

Then on my way to work this morning I had 10 extra minutes so I ran into Wal-Mart and purchased two folding patio chairs in a matter of about 6 minutes, like the one here but in red. =) I’m excited to use them tonight!!

I seem to have a track record with “indecisiveness” like this.  Like with the paint color in our bedroom.

 

 

And that’s how the undecided decide.

2 comments:

  1. You two are so funny! I'm glad that your indecisiveness lead to an ultimately better decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah and they worked great last night, even if we didn't sit outside with them =)

    ReplyDelete