Tuesday, May 24, 2011

picture perfect

Last Thursday, Oma and Papa stopped by for a short visit and dinner out.  I was able to snap this picture while we were chatting in the living room! Love it =)

11-05-23 Sweet Potato Fries 001

Then last night, I made a favorite side and thought I would share with you.  I had always thought that sweet potatoes either needed to be mashed and served with lots of sugar, or baked and served with sugar, marshmallows and butter.  But no longer! You can enjoy a more “savory version” and it has received rave reviews at my house! And its very healthy too.

image

11-05-23 Sweet Potato Fries 002

 

Start by peeling your sweet potato and then cutting it into “fries.”  Put all the fries in a bag for easy coating.  Add enough olive oil that the fries are coated but there isn’t any extra in the bottom of the bag.

 

 

11-05-23 Sweet Potato Fries 006

 

Then mix the the spice together in a small dish and add to the bag.  Seal it back up and toss to coat.

 

 

11-05-23 Sweet Potato Fries 007

 

 

Then put them in the oven on a cookie sheet or pan.  I prefer one that actually “sticks” so the fries crisp up a bit more.  And from my experience, they actually won’t stick to the pan because of the oil.

 

 

Then ENJOY!!  11-05-23 Sweet Potato Fries 01111-05-23 Sweet Potato Fries 009Clearly we did!

 

 

 

 

 

We were sitting at dinner and had cleaned our plates when I realized that I didn’t take any pictures of the final product for you!! We both laughed at that because I guess they are just really that good.  But as luck would have it, I saved a few out for my lunch today… so you get the benefit of the final product after all!!

 

And last but not least… today is our 3 year anniversary! So in honor of our special day, here are a few pictures from our wedding =)

RKPMDW276-1RKPMDW437RKPMDW588

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your three year mark! Also, I may not agree with you on the sweet potato deliciousness, but hats off to you for finding another way to eat them (even though I probably won't try it anytime soon)... Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks kelly! maybe i'll have to make them next time we're in town. so yummy!

    ReplyDelete